Friday 29 October 2010

Santa Cruz to leave City



Leaving City: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz, seen here, will be leaving the Eastlands club in the January transfer window.

(GSM) - Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has confirmed that he is set for an exit from Eastlands in the January transfer window.

Despite a high profile transfer from Blackburn Rovers in the summer of 2009, the 29-year-old was plagued by injuries in his first season at the club and has not got a look in this term.

The striker claims he is injury free and training well, but cannot convince manager Roberto Mancini to hand him a chance.

"Competition for places is great and I'm working every day to try and convince the coach, but I'm still not getting picked," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "I'm not getting the playing time to convince anybody and my priority is to leave in the January transfer market.

"I'm 29 and still hope to fulfil my dream of playing in Spain. It is the dream of most South American players, hopefully it will happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment